The cold season is fast approaching in Fall River and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during Fall River winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Fall River experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Fall River.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Fall River a call at 508-939-3464 or check out our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.