In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your household. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for many years.
- Forget your budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors of Fall River has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors of Fall River a call at 508-939-3464, visit our Fall River showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.