Fall is coming quickly in Fall River, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a big impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to think about when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Fall River a call at 508-939-3464 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!